December 16, 2011

Christmas Miracle


Last night I had a Christmas/end of the semester get together.  I had a great time.  There was food and drink and some really great friends that I've gotten to know better this semester.  I was in the hall, away from all the action and just smiled at all of the commotion.  People laughing, smiling, eating, relaxing, enjoying themselves.  And all of this, all of this was under my roof.

A Christmas miracle, if I do say so myself.

For the past three weeks I've been moping.  Sad from some salt in a wound.  Frustrated by what I felt was a lonely life.  But last night?  Last night there was a community in my living room.  They're not made up of the holiest people but they make me feel appreciated.  They make time for me.  They include me and they are interested in how I am doing, as I am in them.  So while not everything is exactly as I planned there are still some really wonderful things in my life.  Really fantastic.

I mostly feel like myself for the first time in weeks.  I went to Zumba and thought 'dang, how did my hips get so hot.  They're practically magnetic for awesome.'  Or something like that...

So, good-bye Funky Town.  Hello Team Ready for Break,  I've missed you.

Now I'm listening to Muse and entering my students' extra credit.  Their final exam is over (!!!) and graded.  I just have a few papers to enter and grade and then it will be time to submit semester grades. 

Done.  Good-bye to this semester.

Schedule for tomorrow: knit, Sherlock Holmes with J, 5 mile run, finish DIS stuff, do some last minute grading, knit some more.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

your Christmas tree is beautiful!!!

and I'm glad your coming out of your funk, but yet completely understandable at the same time!

i just finished up my semester too and i am so relieved and excited to have some time off!

you're getting your MPH aren't you? i'd love to chat to you about it!