October 16, 2011

Detox

Do you ever have a series of day where you just eat all wrong?  Not necessarily because you're punishing yourself with food, like binging, but because you're out of town or stay late at work?

It feels like that has been my past few days.  First I went home and then to Orlando where it was 'Chinese' food, candy, and caffeine.  Simple, processed starches and greasy meat. 

Then I went to a church retreat in Cocoa Beach.  Free hotel breakfasts consisted of powder eggs, white bagels with cream cheese, sausage links, biscuits, pastries.  No, this is not an example of things I ate, but these were the things available and none of them seemed very healthy or even appetizing.  There was some canned fruit and some bruised, brown bananas.  Forgive me that I did not partake of them.

Staying in hotels for a few days means eating meals at restaurants.  Restaurant food usually tastes really good to me but burgers, pizza, and the like often leave me feeling bloated from all the salt, and slow and droopy from the overall fat and calories.

Gosh there was a lot of food available and none of it was very good for me.

So now that I'm back home I feel the need for a detoxification.  Some days of consistent, clean, at-home eating.  Food that I prepare and control, food with nutritional information that I can know and easily understand. 

I'm looking forward to vegetables and fruits!  To whole grains, to easy to see portions, to baked meat or meatless meals.  I'm looking forward to feeling like my strong, radiant self that eats a quality of food worth celebrating.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine.

No comments: