March 6, 2014

Do you have an anthem?

I've often said to my family, and now to Brandon, that when I'm dead and gone I want one particular song to be played as I am carried out in the casket.

It is not a funeral song.

It is not a church song.

It isn't even a sad song.

Instead, it is a triumphant anthem.  It is Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now."



If you don't know this Queen song then take a few minutes and be transformed, not only by Freddie Mercury's voice and the overall musical stylings, but the pulse of the song.  The energy of this song is all up, up, up.

I always listen to this song before races.  It never fails to put me in a good mood and to make me feel like I can take on the world.

Readers: do you have an anthem?  A power song?  A song that unfailingly makes you feel like a conqueror?  Let me know on Facebook.

No comments: